Friday, May 7, 2010

LSD Woes

I'm planning to do my first LSD this weekend. Nothing much, just maybe a 10k. Hey, it's a Long Slow Distance if you've only been running 5ks. And I don't want to push my knees just yet.

 I am very eager to join the runners at Putrajaya only because I could fit in another activity Sunday morning. Originally I wanted to do my LSD on Sunday but my weekends are mostly for wheels and they have top priorities. But Sunday I might be running with a running partner about my pace and after all the group swim, etc etc I kinda like training with somebody. So I went back and forth and back and forth with my choices. The only viable one is to shift my usual Sunday activity and focus on running, since I'd be tackling a 21k in less than a month but I... don't want to.

 I guess I'll just run today later in the evening. And tomorrow evening would be the LSD yay! I prefer morning runs but I'm ok with evening runs as well. Well, beggars can't be choosers right?

 Anyway, today I had an awesome time meeting up with friends and working up a sweat. The strenuous  yoga session on Wednesday still left me feeling quite tired and spent so I thought I would skip it. But I forced myself only because of the company and I am a convert to the sport. Finished the whole thing with a nice chocolate milk and - what else - Magnum Almond. Oh the joy of burning calories (not that I need to, I need to collect more!!)

 On a different note, my office had a small 5k run today at the Lake Gardens. My friend went and she told me about this white haired lady who was one of the top runners. I immediately knew who she was talking about - the lady is on the same floor as me and always had a feast for breakfast. She is very skinny for a middle aged woman, but more than one time I see her savoring roti canai, nasi lemak and teh tarik, sometimes all three in one go. A few times I was thinking, 'Damn, just because you're skinny and you think you could shovel all these food. I bet you never exercise.'and only today found out that she's done countless marathons. HAHA. I got my taste of the humble pie. Never judge a book by its cover... or what he/she eats.

 Happy running! Oh I have yet to book my bus ticket... damn!

3 comments:

  1. lol ... the humble pie. tu lah kan, we think we are on the right track with the exercising and such and we gleefully cast a doubt on people shoving in their faces hehe. happy training Nad and dont overdo it ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to do 12k tomorrow morning, covering the 10k route that MPSJ-NST will do in june plus loop around taipan to get another few k. That will be my long run before NB15K next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yim: you too yim, will be seeing you at sundown.

    khoo: i have my own subang 10k route too, but it covers ss19 and then the whole of ss18. I think running around in usj would have more mileage as opposed to the ss :)

    ReplyDelete