Thursday, August 6, 2009

Friday Speedwork

Today was my first attempt at doing speedwork... or intervals or however you call it. To be honest I have no idea how to do it but I figured the easiest way would be speeding for a distance and doing it for a couple of times. I remember when me and my dad used to run at the subang lake 4 years back there was this uncle who always did speedwork on wednesdays mornings. I haven't seen him around at the lake anymore.

Measuring it by time would be tough because my stopwatch is a simple 'start-stop-erase and start again' system. So I used distance markings. I warmed up with an slow 1.1km run in 7 minutes trying to loosen joints on my knees and ankles. Then I did 200m (roughly) in a pace of RPE 5-6. I wanted to run slowly in between but my heart was pounding so hard I had to walk, but I was careful not to let my heart rate slowed down to a normal level. So this is what it feels like to do speed intervals, I was thinking to myself. What torture!

I did it for 5 times before calling it quit. I would love to do more, but I didn't want to overexert myself plus I've been feeling quite tired the past few days. I spent more time on stretching then headed home. I was satisfied because despite the brief workout (30 minutes) I covered 3.3km haha. Any km is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment