Sunday, September 6, 2009

Skinny

I think the combination of not eating sahur and running in the evening has turned me into a skinny person again. Well, it's not much of a statement since I've always been thin, but because of being thin my whole life no one ever comments on my weight - until recently. It is a problem when people comment that you are skinny - when you are already thin to begin with.

I do not plan to run today. I didn't have a proper sahur this morning, plus I was tired from a late night yesterday with my friends. But right now at the office reading my running blogs and websites my feet itch to go for a run today. I think I just might, although I have to do it around my neighbourhood, which I sometimes like and sometimes don't. I'm glad that I have become a little bit flexible with my running. Before, I could never run anywhere else but my running route. I'm a mental runner which means that I don't get bored with the same thing over and over again. Maybe that's because I've only been doing a short distance. But when you target to run for about 6km the same 1km route become a tad too boring. Neighbourhood runs works great because it gives you the freedom and options to go anywhere. Also because the routes always vary - hills and grass and more hills. The only downside to running in the neighbourhood is the whistling immature dudes in passing cars - worst when they are guys I know probably from school.

We'll just see how energized I am at the end of the day. There is a big difference when you run with fuel (sahur) and without fuel. I can vouch for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment