Saturday, September 17, 2011

much needed post

after a looong hiatus. mind you i am not inactive.

last week went for a run at the normal park. test power, they say, just to see how you could measure up to your running self then. god, doing a 6k was an effort and I was so glad to end it. but still it was a good run in an essence that I was struggling and working hard. you've got to start somewhere. and ive always loved the challenge of starting again.

one thing i realized is that my cycling and running SUCK if I didn't swim. I never realized how much i depend on lung power to be somewhat a decent athlete. The reason i could cycle for as long as i did without faltering was that my breathing was controlled and never labored, thanks to all the tormenting 'sets' i created for myself, doing super long strokes and racing nobody in the water.

i vowed to get back to swim... firstly, next wednesday.

went for a spin today with my only riding partner. it was such a great comeback to my weak self but i felt sorry for my bud since he did not even break a sweat. in fact, i made water stops for maybe 5 times and he did not even DRINK at all, all 38km of our ride... with hills. I bet it was like riding with a toddler.

i want to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment